root password setting unoffered at install

Gilles Gravier Gilles at Gravier.org
Sun Nov 4 17:28:19 UTC 2007

Simplistic in the sense that by default, your administrative user has
ALL THE ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS.

In Ubuntu by default there the administrative roles (create users,
populate home directories, manage network, change peripherals, change
users passwords, and so many more) are simplistically merged into ONE
SINGLE ADMINISTRATIVE user.

That is what I mean by simplistic.

Of course, SUDO can be made to enfore more fine grained control. But
Ubuntu *BY*DEFAULT* isn't configured that way.

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*
ICQ : *77488526*
<http://www.icq.com/whitepages/about_me.php?Uin=77488526> * || *MSN
Messenger : Gilles at Gravier.org <http://members.msn.com/Gilles@Gravier.org>*
*Skype : ggravier <callto://ggravier>* || *Y! : ggravier
<http://profiles.yahoo.com/ggravier> || AOL : gillesgravier
<aim:goim?screenname=gillesgravier>
PGP Key ID : *0x8DE6D026*
<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x8DE6D026&op=index>
My Last Known Position / Ma Derniere Position Connue
<http://www.gmap-track.com/user.php?user=ggravier>
"Chastity is its own punishment." (/Solomon Short/) [/David Gerrold/]
"De toutes les aberrations sexuelles, la chasteté est la plus
aberrante." [Anatole France]