root password setting unoffered at install

Kent Paul Dolan xanthian at well.com
Sun Nov 4 17:14:47 UTC 2007

> Better than full access to root

Well, maybe. I've sysadmined a _lot_ of flavors of
*nix, (more than a dozen, for sure) and I cannot
remember a single problem that involved me being
root and having too much power as a result.

Still, I'll learn to do it the Ubuntu way, or die
trying. Everyone, told I was running WinXP, asked me
not "why aren't you running Linux", but "why aren't
you running Ubuntu", and it doesn't quite take a
brick to the skull to get me to take a hint that
broad.

xanthian.