Gutsy Gibbon poses problems unknown to Feisty Fawn

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Sun Nov 4 14:29:45 UTC 2007

Gerald Dachs wrote the following on 04.11.2007 14:03
> Am Sun, 4 Nov 2007 09:52:37 -0200
> schrieb Felipe Figueiredo <philsf79 at gmail.com>:
>
>> A Saturday 03 November 2007 21:09:07, Gerald Dachs escreveu:

>>> Yes, I noticed it too, it seems framebuffer support is broken.
>>> Maybe it is chipset specific, mine is a Intel 845G.
>> I confirm the same problem with a nvidia 7300.
>
> So it is not chip set specific. I have no time to dig deeper into it,
> but I think that the frame buffer modules didn't make it into the
> initrd, or there is no udev rule for loading them. Assuming that
> udev is used inside the initrd for loading modules. I don't know
> whether it could work to load the frame buffer modules manually and
> then update the initrd. In other distributions I know, the currently
> loaded modules are copied into the initrd. Anyone who want to give
> this a try?
>
> Gerald

$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-framebuffer
# Framebuffer drivers are generally buggy and poorly-supported, and cause
# suspend failures, kernel panics and general mayhem.  For this reason we
# never load them automatically.
blacklist aty128fb
blacklist atyfb
blacklist radeonfb
blacklist cirrusfb
blacklist cyber2000fb
blacklist cyblafb
blacklist gx1fb
blacklist hgafb
blacklist i810fb
blacklist intelfb
blacklist kyrofb
blacklist matroxfb_base
blacklist neofb
blacklist nvidiafb
blacklist pm2fb
blacklist rivafb
blacklist s1d13xxxfb
blacklist savagefb
blacklist sisfb
blacklist sstfb
blacklist tdfxfb
blacklist tridentfb
blacklist vesafb
blacklist vfb
blacklist vga16fb

but even with un-blacklisting the FB doesn´t work (when i tested it)
--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09