7.10 installation stop

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Sun Nov 4 13:38:30 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 11:56 +0100, Peter Diercks wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> When trying to install the new Ubuntu or Xubuntu 7.10 the process stops.
> An error message occurs telling something about activating the
> framebuffer. And that's all.
>
> My machine is an older HP Pavillion with a Pentium III 933 MHz, 256 MB
> RAM and a Nvidia graphics card (don't remember the exact card type).
> Currently installed is Xubuntu 6.06 with the Nvidia legacy driver.
>
> I want to make a new install, not an upgrade. But how to proceed? There
> is nothing on the harddrive that needs to be saved, and Ubuntu is the
> only operating system on the machine.
>
> Thanks in advance for helpful informations!
>
> Peter

You did not say which installation method you are using. With 256 MB
RAM, you will need to use the alternate desktop cd, not the live cd.
There is a checkbox at the bottom of the page which states ¨Check here
if you need the alternate desktop CD. ...¨

Good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz
Linux Registered User Number 425914