Install on External Firewire hard-drive in an iMac G4

Jacob fun2program8 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 14:15:20 UTC 2007

The subject line says it all. Unfortunately, the instructions that would've helped me are old, the downloads don't work, or they are confussling, and I'll bet a kernel upgrade trashes the whole thing. I want to know how to get it up and running with minimum hacking.

Here are the instructions I've referred to:
http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/inst/yaboot-howto/index.en.html#contents
http://macubuntu.blogspot.com/2005/11/nailed-howto-install-bootable-mac.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootFromFirewireHardDisk

I think these are the best IMO:
http://hansmi.ch/articles/boot-linux-from-firewire

--
    Jacob

    "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
    from the beginning of the world until now—and never
    to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
    short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
    elect those days will be shortened."

    Are you ready?