IM Clients

Matthew Nicholson sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com
Thu Nov 1 15:10:16 UTC 2007

Pidgin does indeed to aim/yahoo/gtalk/msn/jabber/icq/whatever else there
is. Gaim became pidgin because of a dispute with AOL over the GAIM name.
You might still be able to find GAIM somewhere, but it really is THE
SAME thing, pidgin is just the newer version.

If your on Gutsy, you might also want to check out empathy/telepathy.
Empathy is an update of the gossip jabber client that uses the telepathy
framework, which can connect to every protocol out there as well.

Matt