is the 64bit version of gutsy stable?

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Nov 1 10:54:11 UTC 2007

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:25:59 +0100, Tomoki Taniguchi
<tomoki.taniguchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently running 32bit version of feisty on my 64bit enabled
> xeon proc server.  I really want to try installing the 64bit version of
> gutsy
> on it, but i am worried it might not be as stable as the 32 bit version.
>
> Is the 64bit version as stable as the 32bit version?
> are there programs that won't run on the 64bit version?
>
> TIA,
> Tomoki Taniguchi

You can listen to this podcast, they review gutsy 64 bit version and are
very enthusiastic. I think the conclusion was "The best ever 64bit desktop
OS bar none, including OSX and Vista".
(Of course we knew that already but...)
http://www.linuxactionshow.com/?p=154
(warning: includes some sillyness and bad language)

Richard.