Repair Grub Files?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu May 31 18:11:41 UTC 2007

Phil Pinkerton wrote:

> On 5/31/07, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Phil Pinkerton wrote:
>>
>> > This is the world of Linux vi is SOP
>> >

>> This is the world of _desktop_ Linux.  vi is only SOP for geeks and
>> dinosaurs.  Even then, I'm a geek but I see no reason to use an
>> antiquated
>> and complicated editor when there are so many better options.  And if I
>> wanted to, I'd use emacs.
>>

> The beauty of linux is YOU can choose.

Then why on earth would you insist vi is "SOP"?

> problem there either.  We dinosaurs made linux what is is today so the
> younger generation can enjoy it in its most simple minded format. So
> enjoy. I was just trying to help and its just these kind of imature
> comments that take the knowledge and fun from these groups ( I am guilty
> also but I am getting better with age )

Sorry, I was answering immaturity with immaturity.  I find the implication
that I _should_ be using vi, insulting.  There's nothing SOP about it on a
KDE desktop.  You're welcome to use it, but don't insist I or anyone else
_should_ know it.  And don't even think about suggesting I'm one of
the "younger generation".  I was computing _before_ there was Unix. :-)
--
derek