FTP site

edwin coime it_ecoime at yahoo.ca
Tue May 29 18:10:18 UTC 2007

I already check everything in /etc/hosts file same external IP address provided by dyndns, when I ping to that address in linux box and windows, It has no problem.
But, when I try to connect using my windows box ex. ftp myhostname.org, I received the following error
Connected to myhostname.org
Connection closed by remote host.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Anders H�ggstr�m <hagge.ubuntu at intercorner.net> wrote: 2007/5/29, edwin coime :
> Good Day!
>
> I already setup dydns account and already setup a ddclient in my linux box.
> When I ping the external IP address given by dydns on my linux box, I
> received the following error
> "15 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 14008ms "
Have you checked that the updated domain is pointing to the correct
external IP-number?
Have you tried to connect directly to your external IP-number, just to
be sure the connection is good before involving dyndns?

> I tried to ping it in my windows workstation, It works fine. Received reply
> from the Server.
> But, I tried to connect in windows using ftp myhostname.org, I received the
> following messages "connected to myhostname.org"
> After a while I received the following errors "Connection closed by remote
> host".
I would suggest checking the sevice localy first, then exernaly by
IP-number, and after good results check that the domain is pointing to
the external IP and thereafter there usually are no more problems.

You should also make sure there is no firewalls that is disturbing the traffic.

> Please help me out, Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks you.

// Anders