modprobe

Janne Jokitalo janne.jokitalo at dnainternet.net
Mon May 28 14:18:30 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
>> And if you want the modules to load automatically at boot insert them
>> (only the name of the module) on onle line each in /etc/modules.
>
> I have looked and I do not have etc/modules. I have etc/modutils and
> etc/modprobe.d. I think I should use etc/modprobe.d, what is your
> opinion?

Hi Norman,

it's a very simple file, you can create it by all means. Mine looks like
this:

jaska at speyburn:~$ head /etc/modules
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

lp
ndiswrapper

Nothing else to it, you don't even need the commented lines. Just add
the module name onto the first line and it should be all set. :)

--
Jaska