ATI of nVidia?

Tony linux433 at comcast.net
Mon May 28 00:12:44 UTC 2007

WipeOut wrote:
> Tony wrote:
>
>> WipeOut wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Not wanting to start a war because I think either brand has a card that
>>> will have more performance than I will need on my Ubuntu based desktop..
>>> The question is really related to compatibility and easy of use..
>>>
>>> Of the two brands, generally, which is the easiest to get working in
>>> terms of drivers and which has the better feature set and support under
>>> Ubuntu?
>>>
>>> Thanks..
>>>

>> My 2 cents having both ATI and Nvidia cards running Ubuntu is to go with
>> Nvidia theres much better support, ATI is way behind with there drivers.
>>

> Well looks like all responses in favour of Nvidia.. That settles it
> then.. :)

To go one step further if anyone is considering a new laptop then maybe
consider a Intel integrated chip at least if intense 3d gaming isn't a
big deal.
 Intel works out of the box in most cases thanks to excellent Linux
support recently for which they really should be commended.

As far as ATI at this point it should be a non choice just to many
problems and non supported "Features" or was that programs?

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=26907