Gateway laptop question, maybe someone knows the answer

Ed Smits ed.smits at gmail.com
Sun May 27 12:40:16 UTC 2007

There's probably a better place for this but I'm in the midst of
moving and haven't the time to google for days, you guys are amazingly
knowledgeable, maybe someone will know...

Just bought a refurbished Gateway MX6453, AMD64, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HD,
runs 32 bit Feisty like a champ, at least as far as I've been able to
test - WiFi (ndiswrapper), sound etc all work.

I was just checking the specs as quoted by the online store and
comparing them to what I actually received, and noticed a different
video card was shipped.

as quoted:
ATI Radeon(r) Xpress 1150	  Video Memory:  	up to 128MB Shared

as received:
Radeon Xpress 200M, 128 MB (BIOS doesn't say if it's shared or not)

Can anyone tell me if there is a technical reason to ask for a
replacement with the correct card, I frankly have no idea which of the
2 cards is faster/better. I've installed the restricted ATI drivers,
don't care for Beryl/Compiz anyway, and glxgears gives me ~1600FPS -
is it worth going to the trouble to get it replaced? I'll have to live
with this laptop for the next few years, I want to be sure I'm getting
what I paid for.

Thanks

ED