managing processes via temporal ssh account

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Thu May 24 13:26:34 UTC 2007

Wolfgang wrote:
> Thanks for your help! It seems that "screen" is what I was looking for.
> I only have to figure out how to use it correctly ;-)

It was a bit of a pain to get used to. The first thing I did was
change the control key from ^A to something else. I use the emacs
key bindings in bash and it drove me nuts until I changed that.
I still need to go back to the manual to use screen but it's
really handy when you need to keep something running for a long
time but can't keep the session running that long. Or if you need
to capture screens over a long period of time. Sometimes I open
emacs, start a shell session and run my command while using screen.
I can then logout and come back later to a still running emacs.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com