Shift-t does not display on terminals

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Tue May 22 17:05:37 UTC 2007

Carsten Aulbert wrote:
> Larry Alkoff wrote:
>> hen I type a shift-t on an xterm, konsole or the console (f1 - f6)
>> no character appears.  This started today.
>
>> All the other keys work ok, both lower case and shifted.
>
> I had the same problem.
>
> Let me guess:
>
> You have edited /etc/inputrc (or the according file locally) lately, right?
>
> I made a copy&paste error.
>
> For me it was the line:
>
> #This one is allready in /etc/inputrc and only needs to be "uncommented":
>
> where the # was missing in the beginning.
>
> Try to look at /etc/inputrc and/or ~/.inputrc and try to find a line
> starting with a capital T
>
> HTH
>
> Carsten

Carsten in my last message I asked how to activate the new /etc/inputrc.

I now see (man readline) that inputrc is read each time I invoke a new
xterm or konsole.  The 'T' is now displaying perfectly.

I'm very grateful to you for giving me the solution to this problem.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux