[ctl-linux] Capital t does not display on terminals

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Tue May 22 07:50:41 UTC 2007

Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> Quoting Larry Alkoff <labradley at mindspring.com>:
> [snip]
>> This indicates the problem is in the system, not the monitor.
>> Some part of the system is not passing the sequence shift_key, l_key
>> through to the monitor.
>>
>> Any ideas what file has a the problem?
>>

> If it were my system, I'd start digging into what modmaps (keymaps) are being
> set up.
>
> less ~/.Xmodmap		# personal modmap
> locate modmap		# any system-wide modmaps
>
> Also does the problem exist for all users?  E.g., try root and some psuedo or
> virtual user, e.g., daemon, http, etc.  If not, it is probably ~/.Xmodmap.
>
> HTH,
>   Jeffrey

Hello Jeffrey and thanks for your ideas.

After a fresh run of slocate -u I found nothing suspicious in
locate modmap.  Same for locate keymap.

There is no existing ~/.Xmodmap.

The problem exists for all users.  I even created a brand new user Bill
and poor Bill has the same problem.

Anything else I can look at?

Larry

--