Ubuntu 7.04 64bit, Xen and HVM capable hardware
Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Tue May 22 05:17:34 UTC 2007
my situation is as follows:
- Intel Xeon Server, EMT64 (hence VT enabled)
- Ubuntu 7.04 86bit Server edition
I want to use Xen for virtual Machines, with HVM support.
Well, the first installation attempts were disastrous. :-/
I tried to follow
but this obviously does not cover HVM setups. Also, there is no
"ubuntu-xen-server" package, only the desktop edition for AMD64. (I checked
that the universe repository us enabled, or is there a special
I tried to find a decent HVM .config file, but no avail; they seem not to
be installed along when installing Xen on Ubuntu?
Anyway, I'd like to know the following:
- Which Xen packages do I need to install?
- Where do I find a complete HVM .config template?
- How do I setup VNC in the VM so that I can use TightVNC from my Laptop?
Cheers, and thanks,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 250 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the ubuntu-users