Can't play MP3s?

scott slewin at rogers.com
Sun May 20 15:56:48 UTC 2007

Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> Since installing feisty, I can no longer play MP3s. I've installed the Ubuntu
> restricted package - which I thought brought in the extra codecs.
I'm pretty sure the Ubuntu restricted package is not for the Kubuntu
distro and installs the Mp3 support for Gstreamer, Amarok uses xine.

> What do I need to do to be able to play MP3s in Feisty?
When I need to install any support for restricted formats I find this
wiki page very useful  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats.

To play MP3's in Kubuntu you need to do a apt-get install
libxine1-ffmpeg or use your favourite package installer (mine is
synaptic) to install the package libxine1-ffmpeg.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a 100% Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 7.04
(Feisty Fawn)