unwanted software

Brad Johnson brad at bkjohnson.com
Sat May 19 09:54:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-19 at 10:18 +0100, norman wrote:
> I have been trying to install mythtv and got into a terrible mess. So, I
> would like to remove the mythtv and mysql software and all the bits and
> pieces that may have been generated. Synaptic refuses to do a complete
> removal and, unless the removal is complete, the settings I had made
> just keep reappearing. What should I do to get the removal I want
> please?
>
> Norman

sudo apt-get autoremove --purge mythtv mysql-server

The autoremove removes dependencies while the --purge removes config
files relevant to those packages.

If you've installed any other mythtv or mysql packages that were not
installed as dependencies you will have to do the same for those
packages.

Brad