Modems

Roger Neth Jr baypos at gmail.com
Fri May 18 23:02:38 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 17:39 -0500, Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a currently being sold fax modem for use with Ubuntu? I'd
> prefer an internal or USB, but an external serial would work, too, if it
> doesn't break the bank (I don't have a large bank <g>).
>
> Thanks much
> ---Michael

Hello Michael, I researched this a lot and got a 3com internal hardware
modem from ebay. 56K FaxModem Model 5610

Works great on Feisty.

I tried a winmodem with a conexant chip and did not like it as I would
have to purchase a driver from a 3rd party.

Here is the website I used for research http://www.xmodem.org/

HTH

Roger

Romans 6:23