Floppying an ISO?

debian debiani386 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 19:54:45 UTC 2007

Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Seagate HD I'd like to check using the SeaTools from
> Seagate's site.
>
> I downloaded a Linux version CLI and an ISO to run from a startup disk.
>
> The ISO is 2.7MB in size and I don't want to use a 700 MB CD-R...
>
> Is it possible  (using dd, maybe?) to "dump" it on a regular 1.44 MB
> floppy?
>
> How?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> .:====================================================:.
>
> Amichai Rotman
>
> UIN#: 6401746
> Registered Linux User#: 201192 [http://counter.li.org/]
> Registered Ubuntu User #12851 [http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net
> <http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net>]

> PLEASE READ: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
> <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

oh im sorry, in my previous post, i thought you wanted to "boot" from
it, i withdraw my previous post.

but you can do all this with out using a floppy! watch, use this
following command to mount the iso...it sure does save time and money
then having to burn and mount a cd :)

mount -t iso9660 -o loop /where/ever/the/iso/is
/where/ever/you/want/the/iso/mounted

HTH

--cj