apt-get update fails

Avi Schwartz ubuntu-users874 at cfftechnologies.com
Wed May 16 03:17:42 UTC 2007

NoOp wrote:

> On 05/15/2007 07:27 PM, Avi Schwartz wrote:
>
>> debian wrote:

>>> apt-get works great with me
>>>
>>> heres what i type:
>>> sudo apt-get update
>>>
>>> works just fine
>>> --cj
>>>

> You might want to try again or try a different archive location.
> Sometimes the archive locations get screwed up - particularly when there
> are updates available. BTW: what do you get if you download the file via
> http? For
> http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-security/main/binary-amd64/
> I get:
> $ md5sum *.bz2
> 0b94a05e11d154bc9b76c887962b862e  Packages.bz2

I have been trying for couple of days now with the same error.  The strange thing is that I am getting the same error on two different machine, one using Feisty amd64 and another Feisty i386. I have been running Edgy for a while before on one of the machines and I had no problem until I upgraded to Feisty. The other machine (the AMD64 one) is a fresh installation.

When I download the file via http I get the same md5sum as you did.

Are there other Ubuntu security repositories? How do I find them?

Avi