Problems with Beryl

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Tue May 15 01:37:23 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 07:51:16 Cesar Augusto Suarez wrote:
> Hi.
> i`ve been installing beryl on my ubuntu feisty.
> Everyithing works ok, until i reboot my sys.
> in that case i got a white screen.
> how i` ve installed? well
> in my synaptic i choose beryl and select all about.

> Correo Yahoo!
> Regístrate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/

Hi

Do you per chance have an nvidia card? since moving to feisty on my laptop
I've effectively lost 3d functionality due to an issue with the driver. I got
a black screen upon boot. I used CTRL ALT F1 to get to the console and then
edited my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and changed the occurence of "nvidia" as
the driver to "nv". From then I can see the screen, but no 3d support. I've
checked online an have found there is a known issue with  some nvida cards at
the moment and the install script for the drivers

James