Mirror website for offline viewing?

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Sun May 13 13:17:40 UTC 2007

On 13/05/2007, at 6:44 PM, Dave M wrote:

> Is there a tool avalable (in the dapper repositories) that will
> allow me to
> mirror a website (including images) to my hard drive for later off-
> line
> viewing?

sudo apt-get install wget
man wget

Specifically look at the "--mirror" and "-k" options.  The "--mirror"
does what it suggests and the "-k" converts the internal links on the
downloaded HTML content so links will still work in the new (local)
location.  "wget" has limited success on dynamically generated content.

An alternative to wget is "curl".

HTH,

James