Programming program

James Gray james at gray.net.au
Sun May 13 12:58:02 UTC 2007

On 13/05/2007, at 8:06 PM, TP Städ Akut - Tomas Forsman wrote:

> Itś about LinuxDC++, what program should i use to work with the
> source?
>
> In Windows we use Visual Studio 2003 or 2005. Is there something like
> that in Linux too? So i can start 1 program and change stuff and
> see how
> the code is linked to other places in source?
>
> Or those who makes LinuxDC++ is making that under Windows envirement?

Eclipse or Kdevelop spring to mind.  Eclipse is a Java-based multi
language IDE with CVS and SVN hooks along with an extensive plugin
and extension library.  Kdevelop is a KDE-base multi language IDE
with all manner of gizmos and gadgets hooked into it.  Personally, I
use Kdevelop more than anything else, but that's because I do more
KDE/Qt development than anything else too.  YMMV and usual
disclaimers apply :)

IMHO - neither Eclipse or Kdevelop are a pinch on the modern IDE's
from the commercial software vendors (such as Visual Studio from MS,
or even Xcode from Apple).  But they are both worth serious
consideration for any serious coding project on Linux.

Cheers,

James