Boot Ubuntu from a floppy on to a 2nd HD?

Xn Nooby xnooby at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:26:58 UTC 2007

I have a work PC that has two HD's, and was thinking of installing Ubuntu
7.04 on the 2nd drive.  I would *not* want to modify the machine's boot
process, since this is not really my machine.  Is it possible to install
Ubuntu to a 2nd internal drive, and have it not touch the MBR - and then
boot from a floppy?  That way, when I am done with the PC, I could just
remove the floppy and reformat the 2nd drive.  If I clobbered the 1st drive,
it would be "bad", so I do not want to risk doing that.