please help, font quality poor
zion.ahead at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:20:24 UTC 2007
I need help to get the BEST, sharpest, most crisp font quality (including
proper size) in Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, to match Windows as much as possible
(Vista). I've tried so much, no matter what I've done I cannot get the fonts
as crisp as Windows at all.
I installed 32bit Ubuntu Feisty Fawn and by default, the resolution was
properly set to 1280x800 (widescreen) on 60Hz refresh. Do I need to
I'm struggling to get the best font quality possible
What I've done
- msttcorefonts http://www.warrenguy.com/docs/ubuntu...ing-fonts.html
- freetype http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=343670
- copy over all segoe*, calabra* and tahoma* fonts from Windows
- cloned firefox 2 font settings of Windows into here in Ubuntu
- I have gtk2-engines-pixbuf enabled by Ubuntu's default (double checked via
Notice text is getting bolded too much and somehow larger in linux? Why?
Also, Vista is nice and bright. Linux is somewhat "flat" in contrast. Not
horrible, but just not as nicely bright for some reason. How would I
Keep in mind I'm new to linux!
Sony Vaio FE770G Laptop
Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz
Creative Soundblaster Live! 24-bit External USB
Intel 945GM / 950 Chipset (graphics)
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection
15.4" Widescreen (1280x800)
Intellipoint Wireless Laser 6000 Mouse
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-users