Thunderbird 2.0?

Severin Schoepke severin.schoepke at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:57:00 UTC 2007

Carsten Aulbert schrieb:
> Devon Harding wrote:
>
>> Has Thunderbird 2.0 been released to Ubuntu repos yet?
>>

> Well, technically no, but it's uploaded to gutsy, thus you may backport
> it if you want to :)

You can also install the Gutsy version in Feisty, if you want. There's
an apt-get command line switch that allows you to install packages from
other distros.

WARNING: Do this only if you are sure what you are doing (read the doc
first!) and I assume you should do it only for packages that don't
depend on too much other packages. I for example used sun-java6 from
Feisty in Edgy. The install went without a hassle, but sun-java has no
dependencies on other packages, so it was a good candidate...