exim4:clamd:spamd

Adam McGreggor lists at amyl.org.uk
Tue May 8 18:42:58 UTC 2007

On Sun, May 06, 2007 at 12:47:17AM -0500, Robert Steinmetz wrote:
> Adam McGreggor wrote:
> >On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 05:47:22PM -0500, Robert Steinmetz wrote:
> >
> >>I'm making progress though I now have it scoring the email and rewriting
> >>the mail headers, but something is still not quite right.
> >
> >have you enabled things in /etc/default/spampd ?
> >
> To the best of my knowledge.

I'd check if spampd's running, either through ps(1), netstat(8), or
perhaps nmap(1) -- and on the port(s) exim's expecting.

> >I dunno if you've seen it but there's debian-exim list, which may have
> >some useful pointers:
> I've subscribed and posted a question. So far no traffic on that list.
> I'm also looking for a searchabel archive.

The usual Mailman 2.1 work-around:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-exim4-users.mbox/pkg-exim4-users.mbox

fetch^Wwget & mailgrep/import into/read with your MUA.

> I can't imagine my situation is unique.

Getting your MTA set-up is quite a personal approach to how you want to
do it, a lot of people will do things differently, but there are, ime, a
lot of people who have difficulties in getting things working.
Perseverence does pay off (and sometimes reading the docs/source).