camcorder to dvd player

norman norman at littletank.org
Tue May 8 16:25:07 UTC 2007

> < snip >

> > It sounds like you are, because this works here for me.
> > Start devede from the console, and check for any error messages, perhaps
> > it's missing a codec or two and just skipping a video file.
>
> Starts from the console cleanly, no error messages shown. I am about to
> get some more DVDs and I will keep trying.

I tried an experiment by right clicking on the .iso file and opened with
archive manager. Then right clicked on the largest file called
VTS_01_1.VOB:1 and selected extract. The resulting file ran on Movie
Player and ran the two videos consecutively. Perhaps the fault lies with
my old DVD player, I must try it on a more up to date machine.

Norman