grub.conf?

das paagol at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:52:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 12:24 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > How can I try menu.lst, the splash image debian-gnu.xpm.gz has to be
> > mentioned in the grub.conf.
>
> Then you're not using the Ubuntu "grub" package.

No, my grub is working fine. That is the Ubuntu grub. But I wanted to
install the grub splash image. And a package is shown in the apt-get
list too, which I installed. But, I was not being able to show the
image, because it needed to give the address in the 'grub.conf'. And I
asked the question to the list how and where to get the grub.conf, that
it was neither in '/etc' nor in '/boot/grub'. As you told, I would try
now with by adding the address to 'menu.lst' file. As it was mentioned
in the documentation of the grub splash image thing, I have to add to
the 'grub.conf' file:

splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/debian-gnu.xpm.gz

After your suggestion I am now going to add this line to the 'menu.lst'
file. Let me see what happens. One thanks is due to you, if it works.
But if it doesn't? :>)

---
das