Samba Woes: Network name cannot be found

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Mon May 7 19:30:43 UTC 2007

I'm still fighting getting Samba back up on my machine. Right now, I'm getting
an error message on the client when I click on the share name:

	\\Photon\michael is not accessible

	network name cannot be found.

Note that I saved my smb.conf file from my old dapper installation (which
worked perfectly). I've restored that file for use on my feisty installation,
so I know my samba configuration is identical to what it used to be.

Earlier, I (think) added michael to the smbpasswd file. I don't see the samba
password file in /etc, but I don't see it in the dapper /etc, either.

Any and all help greatly appreciated. I really need to get this connection up.

Thanks in advance
---Michael