Looking for Radio Amateurs

Mark Schoonover schoon at amgt.com
Mon May 7 18:18:18 UTC 2007

Ken Adams wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 16:56 +0000, Mark Schoonover wrote:
>
>> 	I'm a ham, and have used Ubuntu. I know there's another ham distro
>> out there, but the name escapes me at the moment. I think it would
>> be a great idea to have a Hambuntu, with all the latest ham related
>> software installed. Maybe, instead of another distro, have ham
>> repository??
>>
>>  73
>> Mark
>> http://ka6wke.blogspot.com
>
> Hi Mark
>
> I will have a google around to see what I can find on the distro
> front. I like the idea of both Hambuntu and a Ham related version of
> Automatix, which could easily point to an Ubuntu "Ham" Repo.
>
> May be able to get a few people up on IRC one night too see what we
> can come up with.
>
> Rgds Ken

Ken,

	Sounds good. I'm not a big fan of Automatix, but I have used it for
some very odd stuff. I think maybe just having a few of us keeping the
current Ham Radio section up to date maybe the best approach to getting it
started.

Thanks!

Mark Schoonover
IS Manager, CMDBA
American Geotechnical - California, Nevada and Arizona
V-> 858.450.4040 F-> 714.685.3909 C-> 858.472.3816
"Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end." -- Stephen
Hawking