Starting ubuntu 6.10 in graphical interface

cj debiani386 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 01:33:34 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07, Twaha Daudi wrote:
 > Dear all,
 > Iam new here and to the Linux ubuntu.I have just install ubuntu on my
 > laptop,and I would like to start it in graphical mode(like windows)
but dont
 > know how to switch to it or what other package should be added?.Can
any one
 > recommended good book for the beginner?.
 > thanks
 > udd

When the computer stops loading, and you are displayed with a prompt,
type 'startx' to start the windows part.

but by default, ubuntu 6.10 should start the graphical interface
automatically, but the setup is quirky and sometimes doesnt configure
the system correctly (6.06 installer did a much better job at it)

HTH
--cj