Starting Ubuntu server 6.10 in graphical interface

Twaha Daudi tdmlwilo at
Sun May 6 18:22:48 UTC 2007

hey eamonn,
  Thanks and sorry for delay to answer.I will give a try soon.I want to learn it and dont have desktop pcs right now.
  thanks again

Eamonn Sullivan <eamonn.sullivan at> wrote:
  On 5/2/07, Twaha Daudi wrote:
> Dear all,
> Iam new here and to the Linux ubuntu.I have just install ubuntu on my
> laptop,and I would like to start it in graphical mode(like windows) but dont
> know how to switch to it or what other package should be added?.Can any one
> recommended good book for the beginner?.
> thanks
> udd

Just curious, but why did you install the server version of Ubuntu on a laptop?

Try the following:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

That'll pull down a lot of packages, but at the end of it you'll have
the version of Ubuntu you probably should have started with.

ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users at
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.