encrypted file system or folder
tomoki.taniguchi at gmail.com
Thu May 3 16:57:30 UTC 2007
I don't know if such a solution exists,
but I am looking for an encrypted filesystem/folder
solution which meet the following requirements
or comes close to meeting them.
1) accessible by both windows and linux
2) folder based rather than a full filesystem.
3) encryption is based on a "key" file
4) access to the encrypted folder is transparent once opened with key file
the following are features that i would like to have, but image pretty
hard to implement
1) can setup read-only encrypted folders
2) can differentiate access between read-only and read-write based on
different key files.
3) or an ACL based encrypted folder. differentiating access levels
based on user name, id , or user specific key file.
More information about the ubuntu-users