KVM vs XEN vs VMware

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu May 3 16:34:28 UTC 2007

On 03/05/07, Tomoki Taniguchi <tomoki.taniguchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> My laptop CPU is Centrino Duo.
> Does this support virtualisation?

Centrino Duo is not a CPU. It's an Intel marketing term for the bundle
of a CPU, main board chipset and wireless LAN adaptor. It can refer to
several different models of CPU - Core Duo or Core 2 Duo.

I /think/ - but I am not certain and you must check - that the Core
Due does not support Intel VT but that the Core 2 Duo *does*. Even if
the CPU supports it, some vendors disable it in the BIOS.

You might try looking at the kernel startup messages and see if they
mention VT support.

If you don't know how, try

    dmesg | less

at a console prompt.