I need to use a M$ network printer... help...

Bob Doherty rdoherty2 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:30:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, 03 May 2007 10:07:01 +0200, Nik <nik at cheddarcheese.de> wrote:

>In article <86de45e80705021507h341ed2d9q2e5c665c8f317cc at mail.gmail.com>,
>   Renato M <renatomelogomes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, All
>> I can´t print with a micro$oft network printer from Ubuntu.
>
>> Anybody help me about it ?
>
>> I´m trying to use ubuntu 7.04.
>
>I'm sorry, but my crystal ball is off for repair atm.
>Some error messages would be nice!
>
>Nik

A persistent problem I've had with HP printers, is that, even after
setting up the printing correctly, attempting to print to the Windows
queue, hung the queue.  The solution was to turn off bidirectional
communication in the Windows printer driver.  This a pain because it
prevents determination of the state of the ink levels, and some HP
printers will not display ink levels on the lcd panel.

--
Bob Doherty