Very confused as to what version of Java is in Feisty;(

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Wed May 2 11:54:10 UTC 2007

I am trying to run something that needs JDK 1.5 and it wnt work.  I
cant work out what version Feisty has.  dpkg-l says its 1.5 but if I
ask vava it says its 1.4.2.  Who should I believe (output from
commands below).

Ben

root at chomsky:~/sqldeveloper# dpkg -l | grep jdk
ii  sun-java5-jdk                              1.5.0-11-1ubuntu2
               Sun Java(TM) Development Kit (JDK) 5.0

root at chomsky:~/sqldeveloper# java --version
java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu5)

Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)