Multimedia Keyboards and Exaile/Amarok

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Tue May 1 23:41:38 UTC 2007

ke, 2007-05-02 kello 04:11 +1000, Peter Garrett kirjoitti:
> On Tue, 1 May 2007 14:53:37 +1200 (NZST)
> "Jamie Dobbs" <jamie.dobbs at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to get a Mirosoft Natural Pro keyboards multimedia keys
> > (FWD,REV etc.) to work in Exaile or Amarok under Gnome on Feisty Fawn?
> > They work OK in Amarok in KDE but not in Gnome, I have Googled for this
> > but have not been able to find a working solution yet.
> > Any help appreciated.

I just wanted to make sure that you have tried the normal way - System
-> Settings -> Keyboard Shortcuts (or is it just Shortcuts in the
English menu). That's were I used to get the multimedia keys of my
Logitech Cordeless Comfort keyboard to work. It's a funny coincidence
that now when I just finnished re-installing Feisty 20 minutes ago, the
multimedia keys work without any intervention from my behalf. The "old"
installation - when I had to set the shortcuts - was only a month old.
Things just keep getting better :-)

Ari Torhamo