Back to Win XP for camera?

norman norman at littletank.org
Tue May 1 15:50:12 UTC 2007

> > Thank you very, very much to all for trying to help me. I have certainly
> > learnt a great deal. In the end solving the problem was ridiculously
> > easy. Following various leads I discovered that I needed to load several
> > bits and pieces which I thought I had done. However, I found that I had
> > missed one from the list given. I am now a happy old man.

> Care to elaborate for others' knowledge?

Of course, I am happy to do so. The place to start is
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats and then, under
'Playing Restricted Formats' select number 2. There are 2 lines of input
to a terminal and I had missed libxine-extracodecs I also put in ogle
and ogle-gui for good luck.

Hope this is useful information.

Norman