sa-learn

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Sat Mar 31 02:28:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 18:15 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 03/30/2007 05:16 PM, John Dangler wrote:
> > Well, I've been moving messages to 'Possible_Spam' for the last 6 hours,
> > and running:
> > sa-learn --spam --mbox ./Possible_Spam
> >
> > against that mailbox...
> >
> > On average, I still get 60 messages every hour which I recognize as
> > spam, yet sa-learn doesn't seem to get it yet...
> >
> > Is there a point in time where SA begins to actually take a shot at
> > handling this?
> >
> > I'd like to teach it --ham as well, but the last time I ran this against
> > my Inbox, it said that it read 3,200 messages (which is everything in
> > mbox, including the spam, and those directories aren't listed _under_
> > inbox).
> >

> Since installing SA yesterday, I've received 40 more spams; every one
> except the one that I mentioned in my other post yesterday has been
> automatically flagged as spam and automatically moved to the Junk
> folder. I've received no false positives yet.
>
> Note:
> - Running Feisty
> - Evolution 2.10.0
Edgy
Evolution 2.8.1

Well, maybe I'm doing something (or note doing something) that you
aren't/are... but I just looked in junk, and there are almost 1600
messages in there... WOW! (only 3 marked as spam)... Could I just empty
the junk folder and see if all of this activity is SA and not leftover
from me putting them there?
(If that's really SA's doing - even though it's not marking them all
explicitly yet, I'm really impressed with the performance...)