spamassassin setup with Evo - Edgy

Jeffrey F. Bloss jbloss at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 30 01:29:54 UTC 2007

John Dangler wrote:

> I have been putting spam mails into a folder called 'Possible_Spam' for
> the last hour or so (it has 65 messages in it now), and have run
> sa-learn --spam --mbox ./Possible_Spam against it... once the messages
> in the folder have been run through sa-learn, do I need to leave them
> there, or is it okay to delete them ? (I'm not sure I can see the reason
> for running sa-learn multiple times against the same messages) ...

You can move them or whatever, but it's always nice to have a set of
known spam messages handy in case you need to re-train so I wouldn't
blow them up. Unless you have an unlimited supply...

It's not a good thing to re-run sa-learn across the same set of
messages because it muddies up SA's database of tokens I think, or
rather there's a command line switch that needs thrown to make
'sa-learn --forget' about a message before re-learning it as spam or
ham. ;)

And don't neglect to run 'sa-learn --ham' on a goodly amount of known
ham messages, it's equally important for initial setup.

--
     _?_      Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    (o o)         Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.