nVidia graphics driver makes my 7.04 crash

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:30:36 UTC 2007

Jimmy Frydkær Jensen a écrit :
> Greetings
>
> I've just installed Ubuntu 7.04 Beta and I do have a problem that came out
> of no-where.
>
> The very first install I made with 7.04 ran as it should, I even managed
> to make my Nvidia TI 4200 SE graphics adapter operate in full 3D but then
> Beryl for Ubuntu 7.04 made my GUI crash after install. Now I can do almost
> anything to make my nVidia-card work as indented, but each time I install
> the driver on my system it crashes at the speed of light. What can I do? I
> know that 7.04 IS a Beta, but the nVidia-driver was accepted and installed
> correctly first time, why then will Ubuntu not accept the driver now?
>
> Jimmy

They didn't update the web list, but the list included in the driver is
here :
http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-9755/README/appendix-a.html

You processor (and mine) aren't listed in the 97xx series. They are
supported through the 96xx driver, but not through the legacy driver.

Only thing to ask now is for Feisty to offer the 96xx series of the driver.

Cheers,
Loïc