nVidia graphics driver makes my 7.04 crash

Jimmy Frydkær Jensen thewolf40 at mailme.dk
Wed Mar 28 07:21:27 UTC 2007

Greetings

I've just installed Ubuntu 7.04 Beta and I do have a problem that came out
of no-where.

The very first install I made with 7.04 ran as it should, I even managed
to make my Nvidia TI 4200 SE graphics adapter operate in full 3D but then
Beryl for Ubuntu 7.04 made my GUI crash after install. Now I can do almost
anything to make my nVidia-card work as indented, but each time I install
the driver on my system it crashes at the speed of light. What can I do? I
know that 7.04 IS a Beta, but the nVidia-driver was accepted and installed
correctly first time, why then will Ubuntu not accept the driver now?

Jimmy

--
He Whom Dare Wins