[feisty] Any workarounds for totem screen blanking during movies?

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Wed Mar 28 05:19:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 20:56 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 03/27/2007 08:35 PM, Michael R. Head wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 13:30 -0400, Michael R. Head wrote:
> >> Hi, I have two machines running feisty that I like to watch DVDs and
> >> videos on. Unfortunately, there's a feisty regression that's affecting
> >> me that causes the display to shut off after about 20 minutes exactly. I
> >> have screensaver and power management turned off, and I'm using totem,
> >> which should be squelching that anyway. I imagine it's either a problem
> >> with the opensource radeon driver, or some ACPI Xorg setting that
> >> gnome-power-manager isn't controlling.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have any workarounds for this?
> >
> > I've filed a new bug on it, in case anyone else finds this problem and
> > this thread: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/97251
>
> I'd recommend the configuration editor: gconf-editor
>
> Do a Edit|Find|screensaver and you'll find the settings, including the
> gnome_settings_daemon/screensaver setting where you can untick the box
> for "start screensaver".
>
> sudo apt-get install gconf-editor
>
> Then look for it in Applications|System Tools|Configuration Editor

Thanks, I don't think it's the screensaver daemon, because I've killed
it, and the screen still turns off. It's probably somewhere in the gnome
power manager, but I've tweaked all the settings
in /apps/gnome_power_manager/ (ac_sleep_display and ac_sleep_computer
are both 0).

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/