Program for listening to audio CDS

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue Mar 27 20:35:31 UTC 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:05:19 -0500
Linda Hanigan <haniganwork at earthlik.net> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has favorite choices for programs to listen to
> audio CDS. I have used sound juicer. I usually work in a terminal login
> so I would like a way to have the CD automatically repeat until I tell
> it to stop.

gnome-cd is installed by default - it is hidden in the menu. It is a nice
compact program that just plays CDs .

You can also start it minimised  in the notification area / system tray
with

gnome-cd --tray

and the preferences allow automatic play etc. You might also like to
change your preferences in System - Preferences - Removable Drives and
Media - Multimedia to set it to play automaically on insertion of an audio
CD.

Peter