how to fix the order of sound card detected

Sven Richter sveri-list at gmx.de
Mon Mar 26 08:47:40 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 March 2007 23:59:21 Markus Mitterhofer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same sound card and had the same problem. After each reboot the
> card number changed. This worked for me:
>
> Add a few lines to the end of the file /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
>
> # Load soundcards in the right order
> options snd-ice1712 index=-2
> options snd-intel8x0 index=-1
>

> In this case the Maudio card gets loaded after the onboard sound. If you
> want it the other way around just change -2 and -1
> Check with  lsmod  for the name of your onboard sound module.

Another way is to set /etc/asound.conf the way you want.

My one looks like this:
pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card Audigy2
}
ctl.!default {
    type hw
    card Audigy2
}

which sets my audigy2 to default sound card at boot time.

Look at /proc/asound/cards for the exact string to put
into the asound.conf.

Greetings
Sven Richter