6.06 and 6.10 Server fail

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 06:08:08 UTC 2007

On 3/26/07, Dave Gill <jdgill at theworld.com> wrote:
> I can boot my IBM Intellistation from the cd and start the install
> shell. After I select language the system is unable to mount the CDRom.
> It saw it at boot, but not after the install starts.

I had a similar problem when installing on a server I build using a
DG965 Intel motherboard. Maybe yours is the same? I was able to
install by taking out the CD drive and putting it in a temporary
enclosure and connecting it via USB. You might have to make some bios
changes to enable this. I eventually went to Feisty instead, since
that has direct support for the 965-series's gimpy IDE chipset, but
it's a home server. For a real one (where you don't want to have to
muck with it until 2011), try the USB method and 6.06 instead. Hope
that helps.

-Eamonn