linux-restricted-modules-generic BROKEN

Bjørn Ingmar Berg bjorn.ingmar.berg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 23:01:17 BST 2007

I just installed the Feisty beta on a computer, and I get this:

$ sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
  linux-restricted-modules-generic
1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 24.3kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
  linux-restricted-modules-generic: Depends:
linux-restricted-modules-2.6.20-13-generic which is a virtual package.
Resolving dependencies...

Remove the following packages:
linux-generic
linux-restricted-modules-generic

Score is -652

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

I would _believe_ it's okay to answer yes.
Any advice on / experience with this?

Regards,
Bjørn Ingmar Berg

--