Can't Access Windows After Running Ubuntu (Was: HELP!!!)

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Wed Mar 21 19:00:20 UTC 2007

kane wilkinson wrote:
> hi, im new to ubuntu i used the disc yesterday to try it out and it froze so i had to turn the computer off with the disc still in it so i
> re-booted and shut it down properly and took out the disc like you would normally (i have windows xp) and when i came to re-boot without the
> disc in to xp it came up with a black screen and said disc read error
press ctrl+alt+delete to restart but it didnt work so i opened the disc
> tray put in the ubuntu disc and rebooted and it works fine on ubuntu but how can i get back into xp????? please help. any help would be
> appreciated greatly

Okay, we need some more information.  Where did you get the CD?

Is it a Desktop CD?  Did you install Ubuntu (you would have clicked an
Install icon) , or just run it?

When you get the disk read error (with no disk inserted), turn the
computer off (hold the power button down if necessary), then back on.
You should boot into Windows.  If not, post the exact error message, please.

Matt Flaschen